Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Movies: some good but not feel good flicks.

I just watched Laurel Canyon which, just made me angry. Which is a sign of a good movie if it elicits an emotional response. I just thank Christ that i don't have a rock & roll mom. a great thing about it is, that with the exception of Frances McDormand, every important member of the cast had fake accents. I’m sure that's very common to films, but I still get a kick out of it anyway.

I also watched Swimming with Sharks. now, I don't think I’ve seen this movie in ten years. Kevin Spacey is a genius, but no surprise there. Watching these two movies didn't give me a fantastically warm feeling for humanity, but that wasn't the point.

I also viewed lost in translation. Fantastic movie. I see why bill is winning awards for his performance I wanted to be bill murray when I was a little kid, it's nice to see that some things don't change.

No comments: