Friday, July 16, 2004

Comics: DC comics for october

BATMAN:
 
CATWOMAN: WHEN IN ROME #2
jeph loeb and tim sale haven’t let me down yet, so I think, I’ll stick with them a for a whilke.
 
BATMAN #633
Bill Willingham on batman. Plus how can you not buy a bloody thigh batman cover?
 
SUPERMAN:
 
ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #633
I trust greg rucka. But this cover scares the shit outta me. Little kid hands? *shiver*
 
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #15
Superman and batman taking over the world. Ok, that’s fine. This series had me at the big green Luthor armor.
 
SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT HC
a hardcover seems nice, too bad I have all the issues anyway. A lot of fans of John Byrne’s man of steel mini hate this with a passion. As someone who owns well over twenty years worth of superman comics, I’ll just say, calm the fuck down. He’s still wearing the cape and shooting heat out of his eyes. Nothing truly fundamental has changed. So Luthor isn’t childhood friends with Perry White anymore? Will that really keep you up at night?
 
MAJESTIC #3
I can’t gets me enough of superman. Why do you think I buy supreme power? Yes, the knock off green lantern too.
 
AND THE REST:
 
ADAM STRANGE #2
 an adam strange comic where it deals with almost all of the space faring heroes. Plus it’s by Andy Diggle and Pascal Ferry. That’s a sure fire captain purchase.
 
AQUAMAN #23
ok, the sinking of San Diego is cool and all but I didn’t think the whole book was gonna be centered around it. Lets move on to something else now.
 
DOOM PATROL #5
No.
 
FIRESTORM #6
Alas poor Ronnie, I knew him kinda of little bit.
 
GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH #1
Come on, like I wouldn’t be buying this. Hal fucking Jordan.
 
THE FLASH #215
it’s been wonderful time for an fan of the satellite era jla like myself. My only problem is it looks like hal is about to bite barry’s little wing off.
 
JLA #107
Written by Kurt Busiek. Well it’s about fucking time.
 
JSA #66
god bless geoff johns for using characters that nobody thinks could be cool. And then *bang* *pow* they are.
 
TEEN TITANS #17
Where did superboy’s jeans go?
 
HAWKMAN #33
I thought after geoff johns left the book, it would go to hell. I’m glad I was wrong.
 
IDENTITY CRISIS #5
This series has been intense so far, I’m looking forward to see who else joins the big dc afterlife.
 
OCEAN #1
man, warren ellis doing science fiction, dc is trying to make me broke, wait, I already am.
 
SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE VOL. 1: THE TARANTULA TP
I have really wanted to read this series. I have issues here and there but it’s time I start getting the whole thing.
 
KINGDOM COME PLANET KRYPTON: GREEN LANTERN REPLICA RING SET
Jesus, I’m the biggest green lantern fan you’re gonna find, and I’m not willing to pay a hundred bucks for this.

No comments: