Friday, October 01, 2004

Green Lantern - Homecoming?

So the "Homecoming?" story line in green lantern just finished. And I have to say, I'm glad this might be the last time Ron Marz writes green lantern. while my favorite green lantern is Hal Jordan, don't let that make you think that I'm a Kyle hater. I'm a fan of all green lanterns. but Kyle under Ron Marz was not much of a character in my mind. they tried to make him too much like Peter Parker in my opinion. and it wasn't until Judd Winick came on the book that the character actually started to grow. but Hal is coming back and they needed to rap up Kyle's book. i was hoping Mr. Marz would not return Kyle to the way he was when the character was created, but for all intents and purposes he did. the moment Ron comes on board, Kyle's like turns to shit and he starts the self pity ride. there's also the fact of the book completely retreading old territory, but I still could see this story possibly having a nice conclusion it didn't have it. In the final issue in the arc Kyle is about to murder major force and then all of a sudden Kyle suddenly listens to this man he wants dead, and gets talked into giving up his ring. This is not the character I have come to like. I hope that Kyle is written better under Geoff Johns than he was under his creator.

No comments: