Thursday, June 17, 2004

Comics: I like Cable.

I'm going to admit to something that I probably shouldn't. Something that a fan of good, quality comic books should not admit. I'm a fan of Nathan "dayspring askani's son" Summers. to those of you who aren't in the know, that would be the mutant gunslinger known as cable. I'm a fan of a rob liefeld creation. i would say i own about 75 issues of the cable series. plus the whole run of soldier x, as well as all of the new issues of cable & deadpool. how do i justify liking something that for the most part is knee deep in mediocrity? It's not easy. but the only justification I can come up with is that I have a need to see mutant cyborgs carry big guns. There are many ways to see such a thing, but I've gone for the lowest common denominator. Liefeld. Cable has been a decent comic book character under some writers, but deep down I'll always know who created the character. I can buy grant morrison's the filth, I can buy as many indie and vertigo comics as I want, but deep down, part of me likes the foil covered era marvel crap fest. god damn, that's depressing.

No comments: