Thursday, December 02, 2004

A touching story of a girl and her zombie nazi father.



Staring : Howard Vernon, Pierre-Marie Escourrou, and Anouchka.

Directed by
Jean Rollin

IMDB Plot Summary: In a small village, somewhere in France, dead German soldiers, killed and thrown into the lake by the Resistance during WW II, come back.

This movie hurt me. But I was entertained by it. I think there were only two selling points for which this movie got financed. Vagina and Nazi zombies. This is a German film that has more bushes in the first 20 minutes then all of Fahrenheit 9/11. Zombies come back to life to kill village woman because the villagers murdered them during the World War II. There are many reasons to rent this dvd, first of all being the touching story of love between one of the nazi zombies and his daughter, he loves her so much that he's willing to fight the other zombies to protect her, and I dare you to tell me that you don't want to see a nazi zombie knife fight. A feature on the dvd are alternate "clothed" scenes, which I can assume were only filmed so that the movie could be shown in America. Personally, I think more films should have this option. Who wouldn't like an About Schmidt dvd with a clothed Kathy Bates scene or for the horror fans, a copy of The Burning where you don't see Fisher Stevens' and Jason Alexander's assholes. Maybe one of these days. but zombie lake is not a good movie, not by a long shot. The acting is so bad that I almost thought it was done that way on purpose, but it wasn't, it makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier in comparison. The dubbing was done by three 16 year old boys and one girl in a basement, I'm sure of this. Even though it had all this going against it, it was still a entertaining movie. Or maybe I'm easily pleased. Who knows?

No comments: